Classes and Workshops
Check out “What We Do” to see an overview of everything we do!
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Email Kathy and let’s get the class or event on the calendar!
Read What Others Are Saying about Our Classes and Workshops
Kathy is very nice and friendly. She helped me a lot at Quiltworx University. She is very knowledgeable with Judy Niemeyer quilts.
I really liked the way you checked in at each table. Everything was outstanding. Your workshop made me get moving again!
Binding Basics and Beyond! The Perfect Finish To Your Quilt
June 12 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm CDT$49
Join me as you learn the many options available to you to finish your quilts with style!
We will start with the basics of trimming your quilt top and preparing your binding strips (Both straight of grain and bias!). We will also learn how to turn corners to create those perfect mitered corners on your binding. And how you can join your starting point and ending point for a no lump perfect finish!
Then we will explore multiple ways of binding your quilts that can bring a decorative element to the edge of your quilt. Methods include:
- Using your backing to bind your quilts.
- Using cording to create a decorative element on your binding edge.
- Flat fold piping as a decorative element on the edge of your quilt.
- Using Lace & Rick Rack on the edge of your binding.
- Using Striped fabrics for bindings – different looks you can achieve just by how you cut your binding strips.
- Rounding corners on your quilt.
- Scalloped edges on your quilt.
- Making and adding Prairie Points to your quilt binding edge.
- Adding Ruffles to your quilt edge.
So many ways you can take even a simple quilt to WOW! Join me in this two session series.
Saturday June 12 from 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM CDT
Saturday June 19 from 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM CDT
NOTE – To change the number of Tickets or Registrations you wish to order click the small “-” or “+” signs in the left and right of the number below